Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Washer drops in the Wort.....Should I dump?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #11
Bobbleheadgeorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

That is a comforting thing to hear.

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #12
Germey

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I once dropped "the Joy of HomeBrewing" in the beer just prior to bottling. It was under one edge of the carboy to angle it and I forgot about it when I moved the carboy after transfer. Plop, into the bottling bucket.
No problems with that batch.
I dropped several small implements into the unfermented wort as well as several other violations of good sanitary practice.
Sanitation is still important, but you just can't sweat the occasional slip-up.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #13
climateboy
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Well, the first batch of homebrew I made was a saison I called "Bras D'Or", or "Golden Arm."

Want to guess why?

The rubber grommet fell in just as happened to you. Not knowing what to do, and not knowing any better, I washed and sanitized my hand and arm...and reached in. I found the grommet, and the beer turned out so well that I am fully addicted to homebrewing.

Now, that was during primary fermentation, and it was a warm fermentation with a particularly voracious saison yeast (Wyeast 3711), so perhaps not for every one.

I have since resisted the temptation to dunk my arm in every batch I brew, but should you decide to go fishing, you won't have been the first.

"Mas vale bolo famoso que alcoholico anonimo."

Join DC Homebrewers

"Fermentation Without Representation"
(C)

Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #14
Lurpinator
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germey View Post
I once dropped "the Joy of HomeBrewing" in the beer just prior to bottling. It was under one edge of the carboy to angle it and I forgot about it when I moved the carboy after transfer. Plop, into the bottling bucket.
No problems with that batch.
I dropped several small implements into the unfermented wort as well as several other violations of good sanitary practice.
Sanitation is still important, but you just can't sweat the occasional slip-up.
Nice! That exact thing happened to me.. Using "the joy" to prop my carboy up, because it's about the perfect height.. Dropped it in the bottling bucket and everything.. Funny stuff

Primary: Nada
Drinking: EPIC brewing's "The Glutenator"
Aging: Nada
Planning: Another GF Belgian, an EPIC Glutenator clone, a Ginger-Apple hard cider

Please join the Gluten Free Brewers Group
Everyone is welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarleyWater View Post
Printenction is the key to being protectef onm you, Maybve if you are are ful you wont; throw up like oth er someone did. I thonk you need another beer possibljy/

Quick Reply