Uh oh, I forgot my half-pound of Crystal Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trail

Oh great, it's that guy again.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gearing up to start a batch of cream stout once I move my red to the carboy, and I went to the local homebrewstrasse and picked up a bunch of stuff in line with this recipe (I'm thinking about adding more hops and cutting down on the lactose, but that's another story) and damned if I didn't forget the crystal malt.

Now, I'm no expert. But I like to think that science and I are sometimes pals, like maybe it comes over to my place and we make out on the couch and it drunkenly tells me stuff but then stays away for weeks because I made it awkward again, and the scientific method might help more here than asking potentially silly questions. But am I right in thinking that leaving the Crystal out would be pretty gross? Caramel flavors sound kind of important in a stout.

I sort of need to go back anyway, because I don't have a second airlock. I do have a blowoff tube so I could make do without if I needed to. The question basically comes down to whether I can get away with skipping the return trip (it's a little inconvenient to get to.)

I'd make the trip. IMHO, Crystal malt adds quite a bit to a beer. Besides, why risk wasting all of your time and money for the other ingredients?

Yeah, extra malts in small amounts are where the flavour really comes through...you could always order online, shipping would be low on a 1lb bag.

I like to think that science and I are sometimes pals, like maybe it comes over to my place and we make out on the couch and it drunkenly tells me stuff but then stays away for weeks because I made it awkward again,

This part is really disturbing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
I like to think that science and I are sometimes pals, like maybe it comes over to my place and we make out on the couch and it drunkenly tells me stuff but then stays away for weeks because I made it awkward again, This part is really disturbing... I agree when Bill Nye came here I had no inclination make out with him. yuuck. Maybe if your feeling that way you should look up zima! It is a acronym for people who like other things

LOL... I get a kick out of how everyone took that comment of his. I took it as kind of a Beerfest type humor. At any rate, I found it and these responses funny . Oh, BTW, this comment of mine is :off:

Yeah, I was a little sloshed when I typed that out. But if science looked like Bill Nye I think I'd pass!

Bu if it's THAT disturbing, I dunno what to tell you. Other than to relax and have a beer. ;)

But back on topic, I'm gonna go in and get some crystal tomorrow. I need a spare airlock anyway.

Latest posts

Back