Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Step by step grain recipe instructions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
IwanaBrich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Step by step grain recipe instructions?

Does anyone have any "step by step instructions" 5 gallon grain brew recipe or know where I can find one? Preferably using bags to steep the grain or some other method. I don't know if I'm ready for mashing. I will try that soon! Almost all of the grain recipes I see assume you totally understand the process, which I do......but I don't. I'm reading a couple books, but I'm more of a hands learner.

I just bought a propane burner, a 44qt stainless turkey fryer Pot and I made wort cooler out of 50' of 3/8 copper tubing. I'd like to use them! I was going to buy the 30qt pot, but for a few bucks more, I got the larger one.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
cuinrearview
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

How to Brew - By John Palmer - Brewing Your First Extract and Specialty Grain Beer

Looking forward to brewing some beer

Old 01-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwanaBrich View Post
Does anyone have any "step by step instructions" 5 gallon grain brew recipe or know where I can find one? Preferably using bags to steep the grain or some other method. I don't know if I'm ready for mashing. I will try that soon! Almost all of the grain recipes I see assume you totally understand the process, which I do......but I don't. I'm reading a couple books, but I'm more of a hands learner.

I just bought a propane burner, a 44qt stainless turkey fryer Pot and I made wort cooler out of 50' of 3/8 copper tubing. I'd like to use them! I was going to buy the 30qt pot, but for a few bucks more, I got the larger one.

Thanks!
When starting out, I bought kits from Northern brewery in St. Paul, MN. They provided simple to use directions.

I expanded my knowledge base by hanging out at two quality web sites, this one and Northern Brewers forum.

Here is the on-line store at NB. NORTHERN BREWER Look in Beer Ingredient Kits > Extract

Welcome to the hobby

Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 39 Posts

Here is the all grain process, step by step:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy...ng-pics-90132/

Quick Reply