So excited cant wait!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I know, it's not even bottled yet BUT.. Our 1st brew has been in fermenter for almost 3 1/2 weeks, did the 1st of our 3 FG readings tonight (hoping to bottle Xmas day). FG is spot on, so we tasted the sample we drew, it tastes like beer!!!! Good beer!!!!! , obviously flat, but good!!! Can't wait to bottle and then be patent for 3-4 weeks and crack a cold one :)

Waiting is definitely the hardest part. My second batch is a week from bottling and knowing I am three weeks from trying my first bottle and a month from really digging in sucks.

Congrats on the first brew! It only gets betters from here! Be patient and reap the rewards.

Cheers!

Way to go. Be sure to let us know how that first 'green' beer is when you can't wait the three weeks for botttle conditioning. ;)

I know I know, it's not even bottled yet BUT.. Our 1st brew has been in fermenter for almost 3 1/2 weeks, did the 1st of our 3 FG readings tonight (hoping to bottle Xmas day). FG is spot on, so we tasted the sample we drew, it tastes like beer!!!! Good beer!!!!! , obviously flat, but good!!! Can't wait to bottle and then be patent for 3-4 weeks and crack a cold one :)

I think you have more patience than you need. If my fuzzy math is right, by Christmas day your beer will have been in the fermenter for a month. With that much time on the yeast your beer will be much quicker to drink than those who bottle sooner. I'd bottle on Christmas, chill a couple bottles on December 30th and sample them on New Year's Eve. Unless this is a high alcohol brew or a really dark beer I think it will be quite drinkable. Make sure the bottles are kept warm from bottling until refrigerating (mine sit at 72-73) so the yeast will carbonate the beer.

Mind you, your beer is likely to be better by mid-January but quite drinkable before then. Just don't drink all of them too soon or you will miss the best.:rockin:

Yup! Patience is the biggest thing to learn in brewing. I rather think it's a good hobby for the lazy person,insomuch as the waiting is concerned. But by mid month you should be ready to fridge a few for a week.
Getting the co2 into a cold solution isn't a quick process. Plus,any chill haze that shows up as soon aas the beer cools down takes a few days to settle out with the yeast trub.

Latest posts

Back