Ready to bottle, now new bubbles in airlock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlumbard

Reaction score
I took my primary out of the SOFC and brought it into the kitchen for bottling. I hadn't seen any bubble in the airlock for a while but now I'm getting some.

Could this just be the headspace air expanding to the warmer kitchen from the 65 I had the chiller set to? Or is this more fermentation because I disturbed the yeast?

It's about every 30 seconds or so.:confused:

Did you take a gravity reading? If you are at or near (1-2 points) your intended gravity, I suspect what you are seeing is off-gassing.

Did you take a gravity reading? If you are at or near (1-2 points) your intended gravity, I suspect what you are seeing is off-gassing.

Yep, I agree. In a warmer temperature, the co2 more easily is released from the beer, so you'll see bubbling. That happens when there are weather changes, like barometric pressure drops, too.

The temp shift could cause it, but I too would consult you hydrometer to make sure.

In the warmth you could ALSO be kicking the yeasties awake and they could be doing a bit more fermenting as well.

Just finished bottling! FG was right about 1.01 so I figured I was good. I NEED a glass carboy to see how this happened!

3515692746_7e95043741.jpg

The wife with our first beer.
3514882639_77eb1080dd.jpg
:rockin:

Just finished bottling! FG was right about 1.01 so I figured I was good. I NEED a glass carboy to see how this happened!

I've been brewing in buckets for awhile now and just got a carboy from my brother (Thanks Bullrider4!!)

I gotta tell ya... watching the fermentation in the carboy is way cool.... Highly recommended!

Back