Peach beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobovski

Reaction score
Okay, now that peach seconds are starting to become available at the farmer's market, I'm ready to celebrate batch 15 by making a peach beer. A few questions:

1. It seems to me that a lightly hopped wheat would be perfect for this. Since my house is hot, my primary gets a bit warmer than most yeastie beasties prefer. Does a wheat brewed with a Belgian saison yeast offend anyone's taste sensibilities?

2. Is it better to add the peaches (pasteurized, of course) in the primary or the secondary? Papazian suggests pasteurizing them in the wort with the heat off for the last 15 minutes of the boil and then removing them before secondary, but I'm quite sure I've seen posts saying that the secondary is the way to go. Opinions?

3. I also have decent access to some sour cherries (pie cherries). I'm curious as to how people think this taste would work with peaches.

Thanks!

Back