A Novice mistake.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodsStepBrother

Reaction score
Alright guys i brewed yesterday for the first time, and it went amazing. It is a Pale Ale and it was a blast. We did everything the way it was said to be, but i made the dumbest mistake. When i transfered the wort into the main fermenter i forgot to take a hydrometer reading! I didnt realize till the morning and the air lock is going NUTS! So i did not want to disturb the yeast from their munch out session. What should i do?

If you used a kit, trust the kit and expect this beer to achieve all the targets the kit was designed to achieve.

Many of us can;t remember what the hydrometer is for anymore.

If you post your recipe, somebody on here will calculate what your OG is (or should be).

I wouldn't worry about it. A hydrometer won't make the beer taste any different. I'd take a hydro reading be for you bottle it to make sure its done fermenting. you don't want beer bombs:tank:

Yes it was an extract kit, and it was a Warrior Pale Ale from austin home brew supply.

Back