need help with coopers european

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmickx2

Reaction score
need help with coopers european larger thanks in advance
it's been brewing for 9 days at 21c on day 8 it was 1.006 its now 1.004 and there ar still bubbles comeing up to the top of my fermenter. will there be any yeast left to carb beer im planing on bottleing it. oh when i first made it o.g was 1.040. i used 1kg of brewing sugar it says on the instuctions that using simple sugar with this product will make the yeast ferment more thoroughly.
p.s this is my first thead.

Well your beer is fermenting and it´s a little dry, the sugar as you´ve been told dryes out your beer, forget about bubbles in the airlock bubbles don´t mean nothing, trust your hydrometer, take and hydro sample in three days if it´s the same that you took last time you are ready for secondary or bottling, there will be enough yeast in there don´t worry, when you bottle you add a little sugar and that gives you the co2 that your looking for. You may not see the krausen (the thick sklurry thingy that you see on top of your beer when fermenting) but there is million of yeast cells in suspension. Relax it´s fine

Fermenting a lager at 21C is def way too high. Shoulda been more like 13C or so. Lagers have to ferment cold. A kilo of sugar would def dry it out a bit.

Wow I didn´t noticed he was brewing a lager... OP stick to ales until it´s colder or you have a proper way to control ferm temp.

No,it's a lager. The fact that it's from a can is immeterial. That's just the malt. It's the yeast used that determins fermenting temp.

its a can kit larger. but the yeast that comes with it isnt a larger yeast so ive been told lol.
ho well you live and learn.

It's a lager yeast. But there is one cooper's lager that comes with a packet that's half lager yeast,half ale yeast. I forget which one it is atm. Only the OS lager can comes with 100% ale yeast.

Back