My first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarus0530

Reaction score
1) pours nicely
2) here it sits ...a lil on the dark side should of let it sit for another week (I did 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 fg was 1.020)
3) my lord this is outstanding BEER! Why didn't anyone tell me keg'n is the way to go! Screw those bottles!

image-2428740974.jpg

image-1243713528.jpg

image-704290973.jpg

Holy crap! I have tasted home brew before! But this I don't mean to brag is a micro brew! People would pay to drink this!
It's light ..it's crisp.. A touch on the hoppy side! Just coats the mouth perfect! It has a very nice Finnish . The taste of pecans if you will. Wow! This is what beer is! By the definition of the word.
Every to my house ASAP and try this!

Congratulations! Remember to bottle a few from each batch for competitions, that way you'll have professionals telling you that people would pay for your beer! It's a cherry on top when that happens...

Sounds like a badass beer!

I've never bottled! It sounds like a huge pain in the ass compared to kegging. I was lucky enough to build a kegorator for really cheap off craigslist. There's nothing like have a never ending pint glass.

arg said:
Congratulations! Remember to bottle a few from each batch for competitions, that way you'll have professionals telling you that people would pay for your beer! It's a cherry on top when that happens...

How do I bottle it from a keg?

Branches? Really? I thought they used juniper berries, not the branches, the wood from the juniper tree outside of my house smells like cedar.

Nice kegged beer btw, just cracked open a new keg after work, a split batch between us-05 and wyeast german altbier 1007, the difference is amazing....

edit: wow, sahti does use the new growth of branches in their brews....I may have to try that this spring...
http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/styles/6_4style.html

lamppa said:
yes it is really awesome to be Finnish. The finnish people have a history of making awesome beer like the sahti, made with juniper branches instead of hops.

Damn iPhone spell check ! Lol

Back