is my batch ok need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scullyjunior

Reaction score
So i started my own brew with mr beer kit itsbeen a week today n there is some white milky looking spots on top of fermenting beer smells like beer just need to know if my brew is ok or not i have attached photos to this any thoughts would be greatly helpful

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

I can't tell from the photos, but that could be an infection starting to grow. Let it go for a little bit, if they grow, then your sanitation efforts weren't sufficient and you're probably best off tossing the beer, sanitizing everything really well and try again.

If they don't grow or disappear, then everything is likely ok and you can go ahead and bottle it when ready.

Don't dispair if it is an infection - it can happen. You just need to follow some pretty easy sanitation steps and you'll be fine next time.

Could just be left over krausen. Maybe the start of something, but in my experiences, the start of an infection usually looks like broken ice pack.

Looks like CO2 bubbles and caked yeast that broke loose from the side of the fermentor. Close it up for at least three days before the nervous condition you developed makes you look again.

Ok yea sounds about right those have been there for about three or four days havent got bigger or anything so must be fine smells like flat beer and the white spots dont seem to look like spider webs as some people say thats what you should look for as well so from what you guys are saying looks fine

Back