Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Lack of carbonation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprasad82 View Post
Would placing a blanket over them help also to retain heat?
Yes.

I have to do the same thing in my loft this time of year..It's in the low 60's. I place the milkcrates that each hold a case of bottles into a goretex sleeping bag. I can stack about four crate in it iirc....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 01:53 AM   #12
waldoar15
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprasad82 View Post
Would placing a blanket over them help also to retain heat?

Nope. Ambient air temperature is all that matters. The blanket will help mitigate any temperature swings to a small extent, but...

Old 12-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoar15 View Post
Nope. Ambient air temperature is all that matters. The blanket will help mitigate any temperature swings to a small extent, but...
Huh???? What?????

Gee, when the ambient temp in my apartment is cool, I wrap myself in a blanket and suddenly I get warmer......How do YOU think it's any different???

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 AM   #14
twostacys
Recipes 

We are warm blooded animals. Beer is not. Don't think the small amount of yeast will be producing heat that a blanket will hold in.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #15
jprasad82
Recipes 

I actually came up with a decent solution to place the beer in a high cupboard as normally I would have the beer on the floor but its winter and the degree variation from the floor to ceiling can be 10 degrees so at my high cupboard I can get a consitent 70-72 degrees

Quick Reply