Krausen explosion : epic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharper6

Reaction score
Roommate just sent me pictures of my krausen explosion (i'm at work). My blowwoff didn't stand a chance it seems.

This crap is everywhere, does it stain? Black leather sofa and white ceiling.

Any special cleaning products or just warm water + oxyclean?

I'd refrain from using oxyclean on a leather sofa. First try a damp cloth. If that fails, get some leather cleaner/conditioner.

Roommate just sent me pictures of my krausen explosion (i'm at work). My blowwoff didn't stand a chance it seems.

This crap is everywhere, does it stain? Black leather sofa and white ceiling.

Any special cleaning products or just warm water + oxyclean?

i used dirtex on my ceiling and walls when i had an explosion. its used to be known as soilax but they reissued it with a non rinse. i don't think it will stain your walls as long as you get to it quickly enough!

i used dirtex on my ceiling and walls when i had an explosion. its used to be known as soilax but they reissued it with a non rinse. i don't think it will stain your walls as long as you get to it quickly enough!

Yeah I'm at work for another 3 hours so celerity isn't on my side. I will post some pics when I get home, thats one afternoon and $40 wasted. :(

I had a bunch of fermenting wort blow up on my carpet. I tried the resolve carpet cleaner and after like 3 attempts on different days the stain was just bigger in diameter from rubbing it around. Then yesterday i went and bought a thing of oxyclean, worked like magic. I swear its made by gypsies or something. It also got out the cat puke yellow stain thats been in the living room for a week.

hey man hope everything came out! i didnt notice my explosion for at least 8 hours. i pitched my yeast at about 7 at night and went to sleep and saw in the morning but my use of the word "quickly" is i guess as soon as possible! best of luck.

Back