just finished bottling 1st batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calabus

Reaction score
just finished up bottling my first batch, an amarillo amber ale. it was actually very exciting! i used lots of tips taken from here and it wasn't as bad as my newbie self thought it would be. ended up with 45.5 bottles. now in storage for 3 weeks. i'll keep you guys posted. just wanna say thanks to everyone that has helped me out by answering all the questions i've had. cheers! :mug:

haha! i'll see what i can do shonuff! yes, already started my second one. actually moved it to secondary today as well. my fat tire "semi" clone. can't wait for it either! probably will start my caramel porter in the next week or so. all these now-empty buckets and carboys gettin on my nerves!

Congratulations! I can't wait to get there myself.

I have a bottling technique question for you; now the expert!

How did you go about capping all your bottles? Did you finish filling all the bottles and then cap all at once, or cap each bottle as it was filled?

This seems like personal choice, but as I will be going through my first bottling experience in few weeks I am curious what your insight would be having just completed the process. TIA

:mug:

Based on my process, and what I have read around here...

Place a cap on each bottle as you get it filled, and after they are all filled, go back and cap them in the same order that you filled. This will allow a layer of CO2 to form in the headspace and keep any nasty oxidation from happening.

Good luck....

Back