It's Thursday Tomorrow!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrosBrew

Reaction score
Oh boy, so pretty busy day tomorrow. I'm finally gonna be able to walk after being on crutches for 6 weeks due to knee surgery so I have to unpack all my stuff and get situated in my new house, the start of the NBA finals are tomorrow night, but most importantly I'm gonna start my first brew. I think I should have things pretty much under control due to reading Joy of home brew and reading these boards but in case I run into problems/questions when are most of you on the chat rooms? After 11 too late? I think I might try to start around 9ish at night but it depends on how the unloadin' goes cause the roommate is getting pissed at all my stuff all around the room. I'm gonna start pretty simple with an extract amber ale so should be fairly simple. One question right off the bat though, does this beer foam up alot? If I use a 5 gal carboy will I need a blow off tube?

......... One question right off the bat though, does this beer foam up alot? If I use a 5 gal carboy will I need a blow off tube?
If you making a 5 gallon batch I would try to use something larger so there is some head space. You will need a blow off tube if you try to do 5 gallons in the carboy and you will likely loose some volume due to the blowoff. I guess you don't have a plastic bucket?

[QUOTEI guess you don't have a plastic bucket?[/QUOTE]

Correct, I'm gonna try to run, not literally, to a homebrew store that I never knew existed in Sioux Falls, SD and gonna see if I can't get a 6.5 gal carboy other wise going with the 5 gal. If I have to brew in the 5 gallon so be it. I'm just so excited that I have to brew tomorrow cause I've been looking forward to this for about 2 months now.

guess you don't have a plastic bucket?

Correct, I'm gonna try to run, not literally, to a homebrew store that I never knew existed in Sioux Falls, SD and gonna see if I can't get a 6.5 gal carboy other wise going with the 5 gal. If I have to brew in the 5 gallon so be it. I'm just so excited that I have to brew tomorrow cause I've been looking forward to this for about 2 months now.

Back