Infection in Krausen (links to pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indian09

Reaction score
So last night I made a brown ale, checked on it early this morning and the Krausen was just starting to form, however it looked liked there was a bunching of yeast in part of the Krausen. Got back this afternoon and there seems to be this brown gunk in the Krausen as it rises. Here is a link to the pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/42486286@N00/. Is this an infection.

THX

doesn't look like an infection to me, looks pretty normal. i've had the same stuff in mine before too. i think its just some of the protiens from the grains raising with the yeast.

look at the walls behind the fermenter, thier pink. i know its hard to tear your eyes off that nice lookin brew but have a look

Thx for the replies....As for the pink, it's my dinning room and looks quite nice with the rest of the furniture. Besides only REAL men are comfortable with pink (and those that still live at home with their parents...free rent=more beer)

Indian,
Chicks dig guys who wear pink. It shows that we're caring, sensitive, secure in our masculinity yet also in touch with our feminine side. Also shows that our wives do our clothes shopping for us. But the pink walls gotta go. Make sure you throw a dark sweatshirt over that carboy.
Jeff

Gee if your worried ...

..... you can send it to my house after you bottle it - if it tastes ok I let you know!

:cross:

Looks good to me - yumm

indian09 said:
So last night I made a brown ale, checked on it early this morning and the Krausen was just starting to form, however it looked liked there was a bunching of yeast in part of the Krausen. Got back this afternoon and there seems to be this brown gunk in the Krausen as it rises. Here is a link to the pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/42486286@N00/. Is this an infection.

THX

Indian, the dark sweatshirt over the carboy was suggested to prevent your yeast from seeing the pink walls. :D
Jeff

Latest posts

Back