Infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flounder443

Reaction score
So this morning my beer looked fine. No issues it was in primary for about 2 weeks and has been in secondary since Monday added gelatin On Tuesday. And now I have this ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413576577.453096.jpg. Pretty sure it is an infection but being that it sprang up in under a few hrs I figured I'd ask here. And if it is any recommendations or should I toss it. It's a cream stout with lactose, by the way. Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Those chunks are weird, but the small white film/floaties are definitely contamination.

Do you keg? Cold crashing and storing at fridge temps will slow the contamination. Bottling is risky.

I don't know if that's contamination. I get floaties like that sometimes and they never end up being anything. Not sure what the big chunks are but I would suggest tasting it. If you taste some funk, then you probably have an infection.

I bottle. The pic does make it kinda looks like husks but they're not. I guess I'll try it and see

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back