how many burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
ok... do I really need 3 burners... we have three kegs and our stand... getting ready to order burners... one for water, one for boil... do I really need the mash one?

Prepare for worst case scenario, one or two burners stop working, nice to have a backup to the backup :ban:

Depends on how much shuffling you want to do. I've been getting by for years on one burner, but it's getting a little tiresome to move stuff around. Especially now that I've started with 10 gallon batches.

If you want to keep everything in place and still eliminate the burner for the MLT, you could use a cooler or set up a HERMS system (recirculate your wort through a coil in the HLT).

It's nice having a direct fire mash. If you miss your Target temp you usually have about 10 minutes to try and fix it before the conversions really start taking place.

@Firebat138
I have these extra burners for sell if interested from midwest supplies

Cast Iron Banjo Burner 10" (burner only) 1114P 3 $119.97
Regulator Kit for Banjo Burner 30 - PSI 7627P 1 $26.99

I will sell all for $125.00 plus shipping from Raleigh to : most likely $20.00

well... we usually heat the water up, then dump it in the MLT using a pitcher... lol... then we are too hot... or too cold... would I still heat water up and pump it in the MLT and then heat up the mlt to compensate?

Firebat138 said:
was that a typo... the burner is only $40.00 from there and $30.00 from Agri

Yeah I bought all of my banjo burners for $50 from stirplates.com

was that a typo... the burner is only $40.00 from there and $30.00 from Agri

Yes.. 39.99 each high pressure .. 3 of them and the regulator for $125.00 plus shipping.

These are still in the boxes and in the original shipping box.. I decided to go electric

ohhhhhhhhhhh... i did not see you had 3... lol... thought it was only ONE... LOL... im an idiot... How long is the hose?

SO I still need to get the piping correct? Any links on that... Two Dog Brew... will send PM... still deciding on 2 or 3... but I like the deal

ohhhhhhhhhhh... i did not see you had 3... lol... thought it was only ONE... LOL... im an idiot... How long is the hose?

SO I still need to get the piping correct? Any links on that... Two Dog Brew... will send PM... still deciding on 2 or 3... but I like the deal

The hose is 4 foot braided stainless. and would hook up to a manifold that you create and hoses or plumbing to each burner.

Back