Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Help with equiprment set up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
WTexan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help with equiprment set up

I am having serious trouble getting my wort from the brew kettle to the plate chiller and the into my carboy. I am using gravity so I do have the flow running down hill. It's like my ball valve is stopped up at my kettle. I'm thinking I have a vapor lock some how. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Matt3989
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Have you tried filling the tubes and plate chiller with sanitizer, then hooking it to you ball valve, opening the valve and letting the sanitizer drain until you have wort coming, then sticking the hose into your carboy. The initial momentum might get you started, like a siphon. If not, maybe you have some hops clogging your valve.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
WTexan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt3989
Have you tried filling the tubes and plate chiller with sanitizer, then hooking it to you ball valve, opening the valve and letting the sanitizer drain until you have wort coming, then sticking the hose into your carboy. The initial momentum might get you started, like a siphon. If not, maybe you have some hops clogging your valve.
I thought about the hope thing but, I am using hop sacks and I checked them when I was cleaning them.
I have not tried the sanitizer thing and was thinking of trying that with hot water to see what happens.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
Matt3989
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wouldn't use just hot water, either bottled distilled water, or boiled water would be safer. Since after the water flows through, the wort will be picking up whatever was in the water

Quick Reply