Getting my buddy into brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_Wily

Reaction score
I have a buddy who has voiced some interest in brewing so for Christmas I decided to get him a Mr. Beer kit. Now say what you will about Mr. Beer, but it's a great way to get someone into the hobby and learning the basics. I started with Mr. Beer and made some decent beer with it. I think he'll dig it and become more absorbed by the hobby quite quickly.

Ya know? I've been brewing for about 18 months now and I've never brewed a Mr. Beer kit. I kinda want to. I'm really curious about it. I may just have to go buy a kit :)

my wife was gonna get me one, but i had her get me the typical $100.00 two plastic bucket brew kit. i'm the kind of guy that gets obsessed with new hobbies though...

I still have my Mr. Beer sitting in a cabinet and want to find something to do with it. I thought about using it for test batches or something like that. I just hate to only brew 2 gallon batches though, especially if I end up with something really good! lol.

I still have my Mr. Beer sitting in a cabinet and want to find something to do with it. I thought about using it for test batches or something like that. I just hate to only brew 2 gallon batches though, especially if I end up with something really good! lol.

Break that sucker out. With that talk in this thread and the other about using the Mr. Beer Keg I'm breaking free from my lazy day of watching football and relaxing on the couch reading HBT to make a recipe and cook it up and throw it in the little brown keg for some kind of test brew. 2+ gallon cooler plus 3gaooln pot plus little brown keg = "tasty test batch".

THANK ALL FOR THE INSPERATION AND KICK IN THE BUTT! hahaha

Back