First beer competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
Well I sent my bottles in to my first beer competition this past weekend. I submitted 3 different beers. I'm excited to get some feedback to see what judges think of them.

Specialty, RiS and American Amber. The last one I didn't really know what to enter it in. It's the one that all my friends and wife really like.

Whiskey stout/ car bomb. Really don't expect to win a thing. Just want to get feedback etc.

The whiskey and the ale were the first 2 I ever did. RIS is young still only at 3 months since brewing.

It's about feedback for me too. I just entered a competition and one I entered was a Mexican lager in the Vienna lager category that was outstanding a month ago, but somehow started picking up some diacetyl the last few weeks, but I will still get feedback on other aspects of the beer even if it will only score in the low - mid 20's. good luck, enjoy the experience, and do it again.

Holy ****e... I won Gold w my Russian Imperial! Must've been the only one in it!

And found out there were more than just me in the category! First out of 12. Not bad for Virgin.

Back