Fermentation Lengths by Beer Style????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltrami

Reaction score
My closest LHBS happens to be just across the border in Canada. In November I went there to look around. I saw they had a large quantity of the Fests Brew "kits". I bought a wheat "kit" and brought it home. I had purchased an equipment kit from Midwest Supplies a couple weeks before. I poured the wort in a 6.5 gallon bucket and pitched the yeast. I don't have a secondary big enough for 6 gallons. So after two weeks my impatience got the best of me and I bottled it. Two weeks after that I drank my first one. It was good. Not just drinkable but GOOD.

Long story short, Last week I bought another wheat "kit" and an IPA and a red ale. All Festa Brew. I don't know much but I do know not to trust the included instructions. I've read all the Festa Brew threads here and am curious to know how long people have fermented the different Festa Brew "kits" or what recommendations others have for me. I appreciate all input.

By the way, I fully plan on doing extract kits but time and money lately are hard to find together. Thanks in advance for all input.

Andy

first why is the word kit in quotes? two weeks on the yeast is usually fine for most ales. some of us keep it on for 3 others a couple months. the bare minimum time is the amount of time it takes the brew to reach its final gravity (FG). this is when the specific gravity (SG) stops dropping for more than 3 days in a row.

Back