Double checking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
I'm gonna post this here since I am mainly a beer brewer and I'm getting no response on the cider forum......

So I think I am safe but I wanted to check. I am making a hard apple cider/wine that is not going to be carbonated. My plan is to bottle half of my 5 gallon batch as is and I will be racking the other half into a small secondary ( Mr. Beer keg actually) on to some vanilla bean and cinnamon stick. My question is if I am ok to kill the yeast with PS now even though I am racking to a secondary. I think I am fine but just checking.

Sure you can do it now.
Are you going to back sweeten it any or was it good where it's at?

I might back sweeten part of the second half that is going into the secondary. My buddy's wife likes a dry cider/wine so the first half I am leaving as is. The second half I am going to play with and may make a few bottles all with a slightly different tweek. Then I can see what turns out best.

I hope so. I pulled a bit for a reading and it had very little apple flavor. Tasted like a good rosé but from what I have read the apple notes should come back with aging.

Yup aging is supposed to make it happen. I also back sweetened one of mine with cranapple concentrate and it turned out really good too

Back