does this look normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
Put my first brew in primary around 10 last night and it is already taking off on the fermentation with a temperature of 65 :D. I was wondering if this stuff looked normal. Its like chunky stuff that is a similar color to the kreusen floating right below it

that looks great, Cover it and forget about it !

in a few weeks come back bottle/keg and drink when ready

congrats on the first beer !!!!

-Jason

woot woot. I have it covered with a denim jacket now. Didnt for the first 12 hours because it seemed to be trapping heat in or something and only let it get down to 75 degrees when i checked it at 1 AM last night

I love brewing my own beer so far :D

Just you wait my friend. You are currently spiraling uncontrollably into a realm of eternal homebrewing bliss. Resistance if futile. The beer gods have a steadfast grip upon your soul.

Cheers :mug:

Just you wait my friend. You are currently spiraling uncontrollably into a realm of eternal homebrewing bliss. Resistance if futile. The beer gods have a steadfast grip upon your soul.

Cheers :mug:

yep :D, now I just have to hope for no infection. Oh and I need to get on drinking a case of beer to bottle with :D

Mr. C, please, allow me to be the first to say to you RDWHAHB!

I cant wait, my kit didn't come with a hydrometer and I decided to forgo one on my first brew. I will def. buy one for my next brew so that I will know what the alcohol will be. I am thinking a stout of some sort

Is that a normal size krausen? it hasnt grown much at all

I can't see the pic (darn webfilters!) what style are we talking about? The krausen on my last batch (weizen) was pretty thin minus the hops residue. Turned our friggin great.

You'll stop worrying less and less as time goes by. You have nothing to even think about except your next brew!

Your good.

I just did two batches and dropped them into the carboys, checked on them once to clean an airlock and thats it. I don't even look at the temp anymore.

Put my first brew in primary around 10 last night and it is already taking off on the fermentation with a temperature of 65 :D. I was wondering if this stuff looked normal. Its like chunky stuff that is a similar color to the kreusen floating right below it

Look normal? No.

But you get used to it.

I've done a whopping 5 brews now, and every one has a different krausen. I think it's the yeast. Can someone who has used the same yeast more than once confirm or deny this?

day 6 :D
4530_558698042780_29908248_33016388_2672959_n.jpg

4530_558698052760_29908248_33016390_1568884_n.jpg

i cant wait to try it :D

I've done a whopping 5 brews now, and every one has a different krausen. I think it's the yeast. Can someone who has used the same yeast more than once confirm or deny this?

definitely the yeast. to each yeast, his own krauzen... and sometimes different within the same yeast strain.

woot woot
day 12
4560_559236997710_29908248_33041114_6573694_n.jpg

4560_559237002700_29908248_33041115_3921698_n.jpg

actually saw some airlock activity. will be taking my first hydrometer reading tomorrow. hopefully bottling by the end of the week

well since my ****ing wine thief broke before I got to use it I am just going to wait until saturday to bottle. That will have given my beer a full 2.5 weeks to ferment and clean up after itself :D

Back