Coopers stout - metallic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deason

Reaction score
I've had a irish stout and treacle brew in the bottle for the last month.

It tastes like tin can!

Have I chuffed this batch up?

I've gotten that off-flavor from coopers and munton's extract, I think it's because they come in tin cans

Im going to leave it to brew a little longer. Its' been in the bottle for a month.

I'd be interested to see if that ages out, I've been doing AG for quite a while now, but I find the idea of a quick brew with hopped extract appealing sometimes.

I did a Stout once I had a metalic taste. I drank about 1/2 of them than said screw it i bured them in my closet and found them a year later!! Christmas to be exact and wow did they ever mellow out and the metalic taste was gone it was matly choclately and a lil coffee hint to it. It wasnt a Canned extract it was a Brewhouse Extract kit which somes in a Bag (LME) But hope it works out for you !!!!

I'd be interested to see if that ages out, I've been doing AG for quite a while now, but I find the idea of a quick brew with hopped extract appealing sometimes.

I've been brewing over a year now, all AG. In January my first child was born, so, brewing took the back burner. To satisfy my need to brew, I tried a one gallon extract kit from northern brewer. I did their bomber barley wine. Super easy, fast, and fun. I love barley wine and was impressed enough with it that I ordered another one and did it tonight. I steeped some grains, added vanilla, and wood chips soaked in whiskey to add flavor and depth....but, whole process only took 2 hours at most.

Since jam I have done a five gal AG batch and will do another in the next two weeks, but those lil extract kits are like 12$, easy, and a quick way to get a brew fix in.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well another month and I think the metallic taste has subsided but only slightly. Maybe I'm going to have to wait till christmas like you did Macdonald.

Fud me i've got 30 bottles of this it can't goto waste FFS.

Take care brewers

Back