CO2 problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duttonjc

Reaction score
I was given a CO2 tank and was told it was full. I hooked my reg up, open the valve and nothing. It has set outside for about 3 years. Could be empty or is there something else. Please Elmo

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Close the valve, disconnect the regulator, then slowly open the valve and listen for gas. If you hear it, you've got some. If not you don't. Otherwise your regulator could be cranked way low or could be broken.

I nothing happens after removing the regulator, and opening the valve, it is either empty, or you could have a valve issue. Should you still believe there is CO2 in it, you can always weigh the bottle. The tare weight (T.W.) is stamped on it. (5lb tank weighs 7.7 lbs empty)

Looks like a valve issue. The tank weights 40 lbs and nothing came out when I opened it

Looks like a valve issue. The tank weights 40 lbs and nothing came out when I opened it

the tank empty is very heavy... is the stem rotating on the valve? to be honest i think you have an empty tank :D

Thanks guy went and trade tanks today kegged beer for Easter

Back