Clarity of irish red ale pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea ive got 2 brew in inventory lol. an oatmeal stout and midwest's porter brew. I want to do the oatmeal stout now. Then when i put my ale into the keg it will free up a fermentator for me. How many fermentation buckets do you have. I have 2 right now.

what do you do for water. i just use one of them filter casisters you install under neath the sink for sink water. but i have it plumbed so i can use it just to pour just for my brewing. And i have a carbon filter for it to get rid of the chlorine.

heres a pic of it in the carboy. how come it seems like the yeast stuffs is settling into the groves of the carboy you can some what see in the pic by the whiter spots

carboy.jpg

I don't know how come when I post pics
With the iPhone it rotates them wierd

What you think about the ridges in the carboy

Cant really tell in that pic but its most likely just yeast falling out of suspension. The first post the sample doesn't really look clear at all. I like being able to read through a glass of beer, thats my clarity test.

how long should it take for the yeast to fall out. Its been like that for 4 days now. how long should it take for it to settle out

More like 34-38F,not 32F. You want it really cold,but not freezing. Mine will start freezing in the back of the fridge at 40F. Usually for the length of time it's take to clear.

More like 34-38F,not 32F. You want it really cold,but not freezing. Mine will start freezing in the back of the fridge at 40F. Usually for the length of time it's take to clear.

That makes no sense, why 34-38 if your beer freezes at 40? A 5 gallon batch will not come anywhere near freezing if you crash at 32 for a day. I know people that crash longer and colder.

I probably should've mentioned that it doesn't freeze solid. That's the assuption that would make no sense. But at more than a day,it gets ice around the sides. I now have my fridge ( a newer GE with digital controls) set at 47F. Still very cold for crashing bottles. Haven't you ever seen a fridge set so cold that things left long enough in the back start to freeze around the edges? I've seen it many times in my life. Just have better controls now.
And cold crashing more than a day @ 32F? In mine,it's be partly frozen at that temp in a couple days. Maybe they need to check the temp settings? I know they can do it for ovens to make adjustments...

should i cold crash it or just leave it alone. i plan to keg it tuesday night. Do i really need to cold crash it. I just got a spare fridge today so i can put my kegs in there

should i cold crash it or leave it alone. Or next brew should i add the clarifying agents to the brew ?? do they really help or not worth it

ok ill have to put in there tonight. Id like to keg it wednesday so i can have it ready by superbowl. should i force carb or carb at serving pressure

Back