Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewing 4th batch in 20 minutes. Need some advice.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
BadMitten
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing 4th batch in 20 minutes. Need some advice.

So I went to the Brew Shop and told them I wanted something like new castle but not as light and with a more flavor. He suggested some molasses, which he forgot to give me, and some malto-dextrin.

So I'm about to start this thing, and i just wanted a little more flavor out of it. Is there anything around the house I could use?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
jrobidoux
Recipes 

What does the grain bill look like? Got any oatmeal kickin around? Honey? Brown sugar?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
BadMitten
Recipes 

2oz british crystal malt
2oz british chocolate malt
1oz blackmalt.

All I have is honey. What would that do to it>?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
DogTail
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

Honey would dry out the end product and impart no noticeable flavor. dark brown sugar would provide more flavor or you could go to any grocery and get molasses and go that route. I have also experimented with adding cocoa powder to the boil which adds a slight chocolaty and coffee flavor to the beer with out affecting the gravity. if you have any in your pantry try throwing in 2 to 3 Tbsp with about 10 minutes left in the boil, the benefits are surprising.
Let me know how it all turn out.

Dogs Tail Brewery

FaceBook Page

Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
BadMitten
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogTail View Post
Honey would dry out the end product and impart no noticeable flavor. dark brown sugar would provide more flavor or you could go to any grocery and get molasses and go that route. I have also experimented with adding cocoa powder to the boil which adds a slight chocolaty and coffee flavor to the beer with out affecting the gravity. if you have any in your pantry try throwing in 2 to 3 Tbsp with about 10 minutes left in the boil, the benefits are surprising.
Let me know how it all turn out.
Im going with the cocoa. Thanks!

Quick Reply