Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bottled my first brew and a question about Yeast Washing.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Wigglyscuds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Bottled my first brew and a question about Yeast Washing.

So I bottled my first brew, a Cream Stout kit from Midwest, this past Friday. Everything went better than expected. It was a little messy, but nothing too crazy.

The beer tasted great as it was before being bottled. Can't wait to try it when it is fully carbed. I'm having one only 5 days out of the bottle for "learning" purposes. Slightly carbed, a tiny bit of lacing, and a-lot of good flavor. I love it.

My question concerns how long I can leave my yeast in the carboy before I need to wash it. I racked and bottled this past Friday. I sanitized a piece of aluminum foil and put it over the top of the carboy and threw the carboy in the refrigerator. I won't be able to wash it until this coming Friday. Is there anything wrong with this? Possibility of the yeast going bad or other bacteria getting in?

Primary: Nothing :'(
Secondary: Nothing :'(

Bottled: Cream Stout (10/23)
Bottled: American Pale Ale (11/27)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Calder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 239 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It should be fine.