Bottled 2nd batch, so good so far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Action Jack

Reaction score
Ok tonight I bottled my second brew, a friend's Porter recipe. The brew had been in a 6 1/2 gallon carboy for 22 days. I was gonna bottle yesterday but got a little busy. Everything went well and I used 22 ounce bottles for the majority of the batch so I didn't have to fill so much. My OG was .044 and my FG was .010 which unless I screwed up my readings or calculations gives me 4.454% alcohol.

Now I need to hit my buddies up for a bunch of bottles to bottle up my third brew which is in the fermenter and ready for bottling this coming weekend.

Yay! How long are you going in the fermenter? If you can't bottle this weekend, you're probably OK to leave it a week or two more.

Gremlyn, I've been going 3 weeks in the fermenter. Jppost, I was actually surprised as it tasted good. I can't wait to see how it tastes in a few weeks.

Back