Botteling at 1.010 S-04

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mran556

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my 3rd brew first complex one I used a MR Beer recipe and added hops, grain and DME.

Today is day 15 for fermenting and its reads 1.010 started at 1.061. Question is should I bottel it now or wait 2 days and see if it has changed? It tastes great which was a surprise because my first 2 suck after fermenting

I used safel s-04 which from what I have seen stops around 1.010

BTW the recipe is hop head Irish red

You're probably safe to bottle at this point. 2 weeks is about the minimum recommended, but I also doubt you're going to get much lower than 1.010. I say bottle it and wait two weeks to try the first one.

From 61 to 10 is good attenuation for that yeast so it's probably done, ideally you take a reading a couple days in a row to verify no change then bottle and condition for 2 weeks

Cool thanks for the help guys. Anyone else input is appreciated.

what do you guys think my chances of bottel bombs are if I prime with the recommended amount of sugar?

You've made it this far and waited this long.
You are excited about the prospects of what you have made, and eagerly anticipate enjoying the fruits of your labor, why not wait another two days and check the gravity again to be sure you won't lose any of this to bottle bombs.

Do you want "Probably OK" or "Look, it's been stable for three days! I am good to go!" ?

Your beer, your call.

:mug:

You'll be fine. Looks like a very good attenuation (over 80%) and I doubt you would go any lower. I would bottle if it was me just so I wouldn'have to wait 2 additional days before enjoying it!

D0ug said:
You guys must be young, two days goes by in the blink of an eye for me.

Alzheimer's can be a blessing sometimes, LOL, I feel the same way sometimes!

Latest posts

Back