Auto siphon and bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I'm always for a little insight. The reason I do it this way is because they are the instructions that came with my first beer kit. I just brewed my first AG batch so I may switch it up. It's been in the primary for 3 days.

That is why this is the beginners area! :D

Personally, I don't have any reason to use a secondary on 90% of my beers. I think you'll find that most of the more seasoned brewers here only use one fermentation vessel unless there is a specific reason. The two most common reasons are for adding a new fermentable to the beer such as fruit or when they want to put off kegging/bottling for an extended period. "Extended period" is a floating term some like to move off the yeast after a month others will only move it if it's going to sit on the yeast for 6 months.

I wouldn't bother moving off the yeast unless it's going to sit there for 2 months, and even then I'm really doing it because the longer it's in the fermenter to more likely I am to forget it and let it sit even longer than planned.

Back