24 hrs for a starter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steiger66

Reaction score
I actually have two questions. I'm making a Hefeweizen from from a Midwest extract kit with White Labs Hefeweizen ale yeast WPL230.
Would it be ok if I made a starter now (7:30 pm) and pitched at say 4pm tomorrow? Also I just took the yeast out of the fridge. Would it be ok to make a starter with it now or should I wait the 3-6 hours it says on the label?
This would also be my first batch made with a starter.
Thanks

If I am understanding you correctly, yes to both. When you say "pitch it tomorrow around 4pm" I am guessing you mean pitch the starter into the batch of beer you make tomorrow at around 4pm...is this correct?

I have made a starter up and had it sit 48 hrs before as I didnt have the time I anticipated to brew the next day. Also, dont sweat the yeast not being out of the fridge long enough. I have taken yeast directly out of the fridge and pitched it and had no issues with fermentation at all. I mean, if at all possible give it more time to warm up next time you brew, but you should be fine. RDWHAH.

Latest posts

Back