1st Batch in the bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankbo25

Reaction score
Just finished bottling my very first brew ever(NB WH Honey Ale)! Except for minor spillage there were no major issues.Tasted the left over couple of ounces and it actually tasted pretty good for warm, flat, unconditioned beer. Will be bottling the other batch I have fermenting soon and thinking about the next batch Im gonna brew!:ban:

Congrats! That's really exciting! I'm bottling my first ever batch this Saturday and I can't wait...

Congrats to both of you! I have one bottle from my original first batch years ago and I hang onto it like some kind of ancient artifact. So make sure you hold one out just like a business owner holds on to his first dollar bill.

To celebrate the occasion. If either of you are interested in getting some labels on that first batch, PM me. I'll send you a coupon code so you can go to our website and design a batch of labels and I will print and mail them to you for free.

Congrats to both of you! I have one bottle from my original first batch years ago and I hang onto it like some kind of ancient artifact. So make sure you hold one out just like a business owner holds on to his first dollar bill.

To celebrate the occasion. If either of you are interested in getting some labels on that first batch, PM me. I'll send you a coupon code so you can go to our website and design a batch of labels and I will print and mail them to you for free.

I was thinking of doing that, at least for 6-12 months anyway. I'm doing 1 gallon batches right now so its gonna be harder to do. Hopefully I can get a good supply going pretty quickly so i will have enough around to resist temptation.

Oh yeah and I meant to say thanks to all you cool people here that helped make this process easier and fun!

I was thinking of doing that, at least for 6-12 months anyway. I'm doing 1 gallon batches right now so its gonna be harder to do. Hopefully I can get a good supply going pretty quickly so i will have enough around to resist temptation.

I'm mulling over the same issue. 1 gallon batches aren't going to go very far, so maybe I'll up it to a 2.5 gallon batch. But I'd like to get a few more 1 gallon batches under my belt and get really familiar with the whole process.

Wow, that's really nice of you! :rockin:

Congrats on the milestones! I'm not far ahead of you with my first 2 batches bottled, 1 dry hopping that will be bottled this weekend and 2 in primary. All are 1G batches. I only waited a week to drink my first bottled batch and it went down pretty nicely, some off flavors at the end, but very palatable for a 1st go... I don't know if I'll ever be able to hold off the 2-3 weeks a lot of the literature says to let the beers properly carb and condition, I just keep telling myself they need to be tested regularly to see how the conditioning changes them.

Congrats on the milestones! I'm not far ahead of you with my first 2 batches bottled, 1 dry hopping that will be bottled this weekend and 2 in primary. All are 1G batches. I only waited a week to drink my first bottled batch and it went down pretty nicely, some off flavors at the end, but very palatable for a 1st go... I don't know if I'll ever be able to hold off the 2-3 weeks a lot of the literature says to let the beers properly carb and condition, I just keep telling myself they need to be tested regularly to see how the conditioning changes them.

For some reason I see myself doing exactly that once they're in the bottles. It's going to be very hard to resist cracking my first beer after it's been in the bottle for a week and a half, though I will try!

How was the carbonation level after only a week?

For some reason I see myself doing exactly that once they're in the bottles. It's going to be very hard to resist cracking my first beer after it's been in the bottle for a week and a half, though I will try!

How was the carbonation level after only a week?

The carb level was totally fine, very drinkable. I was aiming for levels of 3.5 - 4, but have nothing to compare it to so I can't say how far along it was though it did give a hell of a pop when I released the swing top. I've got to save my last 2 bottles to see how much the level rises, I may have over-primed (though I used a calculator in an attempt avoid this) so we'll see what happens. The more I think about everything the more I realise just how details notes need to be, especially when having multiple batches on the go at once.

For interests sake the beer in question is a hefeweizen I ballsed up and added double the DME necessary (first time using beersmith) so it became an "Imperial hefe".
OG 1.086
FG 1.024
Quite a sweet beer with a generous body, excellent head retention, I couldn't believe how much it smelled like bubblegum either.

Congrats to you...must be pretty exciting! I will be bottling my first brew this upcoming weekend and regardless of how it turns out, it'll be great having something in bottles for the first time. And just think, you still have another big 'first' to look forward to....popping the cap off of that first cold one and drinking it!

-Greg

As a sorta-newbie that just bottled my 20th batch (with my first all-grain batch in a fermenter), I say CONGRATS! You're gonna love the beer you made. I remember my first batch all those 10 months ago, and how miraculous it seemed when I opened my first bottle with a satisfying hiss. Such a fun and rewarding hobby!

Here's the most beneficial life hack for brewers: open up your dishwasher and bottle over the open door. No more minor spillage issues :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back