Wedding Beer Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atimmerman88

Reaction score
I'm getting hitched in Sept.

I want to brew a batch of beer and give all my groomsmen and ushers a quality 'wedding' beer along with some other stuff.

Planning on brewing hopefully in two weeks once my primary is back empty and letting it condition until the wedding.

All the guys are mainly MBC drinkers, more so out of budget than out of preference. They all enjoy craft beer when they can afford it.

The majority of them really enjoy 312 from Goose Island and Fat Tire.

Any one have any suggested recipes or styles that would be good? looking to keep w/ extra and steeping

I see no reason to not brew a nice amber ale. Maybe a fat tire clone. Or an american wheat. Make them something they like, but something you made specifically for them will make it seem special. Congrats on the impending nuptuals.

congrats on the wedding. so far ive seen crowd pleasers tend to be things like American lagers and pale ales that aren't too hoppy. extremes like hop bomb's and porters seem to be for more select crowds.

You could brew something that would taste seasonally appropriate for September. A nut brown ale or an octoberfest come to mind. Congrats on the wedding.

Congrats! You have plenty of time. I've found that it's rare that 2 people get the same or most enjoyment out of the same thing, let alone 3 or more. I would brew 3 or 4 kinds of beer that cover a variety of styles, then let them tell you what they liked the most. The perfect gift might be a variety pack, say 12 beers with 3 or 4 styles. Give them all what they might want....

I suppose I could brew up a slug of beers, I've got one in primary now.

I'm leaning toward an Amber Ale, the guys seem to have a common thread there.

What I'm wondering is, since I've got some time. Could I brew up a bigger amber ale but still stick to extracts?? I don't know if it's possible to or within style to bump up to 6 or 7%

Mine as well get them something you know they'll like. I'd get a Fat Tire Clone from the AHS site. If you had more time, you could have done something more like a Barley Wine.

Could I brew up a bigger amber ale but still stick to extracts?? I don't know if it's possible to or within style to bump up to 6 or 7%

Here is an Imperial Amber Rye at 6.7% (Extract)

This would be perfect as well, since it'll be in September. BTW, my wedding anniversary is in September too.

I've decided I'd like to do a Fat Tire clone.... or maybe the Imperial Ambre Rye ... Although I've very had an Imperial Amber Rye, what is the flavor profile on said beer... and I don't think they recipe posted

What about doing two beers and making bride and groom labels (tux and gown). Do a pale ale and add the gown labels. Do a porter and add the tux labels. Hit up an antique shop for some funky old spoons, bend them, and call it a make-your-own-black-and-tan kit.

I did an Amber Ale kit from Northern and rack to secondary on top of a 3.5 lb can of Raspberry puree for 4 days. Turned out excellent and was a big hit.

P1010507r.jpg

I'd be happy to try that one...but it recommends two stage ferment...I only have 1 carboy

I supposed I could get by with just primary for 4 weeks

I'd be happy to try that one...but it recommends two stage ferment...I only have 1 carboy

I supposed I could get by with just primary for 4 weeks

Not sure how adding fruit to the primary would work, never tried that before. Maybe you could primary in a bucket then rack over the Raspberry in your carboy.

My best friend got married in may and he did a wheat beer and called it "cold feet wheat", got some labels printed online and served it at the reception and it was one of the most memorable occasions I've ever been a part of, note to the groom though, by the time we (the wedding party) were done with all the photos and craziness all of the beers were gone except the one that my dad grabbed for me (great man), make sure if your not giving it to them exclusively you stash some somewhere safe until your all free to consume :) labels were a simple but really nice touch, just had the wedding date, name and a little background art, simple and forever displayed in my collection :)

Congrats! I'm also getting hitched in september.

I'm brewing 10 gallons of Oktoberfest(Currently in primary D-Resting) and 10 gallons of a Amarillo, Cascade, Citra pale ale (Brewing the beginning of August)

I think I'm just going to do the American Amber from NB, seems to get reasonable reviews. I've got 5 gal of cream ale sitting in bottles too that I could toss in as well if I was so inclined.

I've decided I'd like to do a Fat Tire clone.... or maybe the Imperial Ambre Rye ... Although I've very had an Imperial Amber Rye, what is the flavor profile on said beer... and I don't think they recipe posted

I swore I posted the link in my last post, but apparently I did not. Here is the link for the Imperial Amber Rye. http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=13191

I have not had it yet, but it is on my wish list. I love a good rye beer, especially in the fall.

Here is the quick info on it.
This complex beer has a lot going on. The crispness of the rye balances out the sweetness from the biscuit and Crystal malts. Meanwhile, the hops have interesting floral, herbal and spicy notes. Put all of this in a beer with a large O.G. and your tongue won't know whether to punch you or kiss you.

Specialty malts: biscuit malt, rye malt, victory malt, Crystal 120L
Featured hops: Nugget, Cluster, Horizon

O.G. = 1.071
F.G. = 1.020
Approximately 6.7% ABV
Approximately 243 Cal / 12 oz
Makes 5 US gallons

That sounds prettttttttttyy tasty in October when the weather starts to turn. I'll have to throw this on the list of fall beers

If u really wanted to add raspberry puree you definitely can in primary. I have done this before. Just wait until the krausen drops. Youll come out with alot less than 5 gallons if you.add berries.

Back