There's Nothing Like IT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHog

Reaction score
There is nothing like sitting at home and hearing UPS deliver your latest brew kit. I'll be racking my first attempt (Honey Cream Ale) to the secondary tonight and brewing my latest (Special Holiday Ale) tomorrow.

Ahh, I love this new hobby.

brewing my latest (Special Holiday Ale) tomorrow.

I brewed that this weekend, and maaaaaaan does it smell good. Smelled great in the pot, smelled great going into the fermenter, smells great, um... coming out of the airlock. Can't wait til Christmas to drink it!

Sure beats hearing them hang the "was not home" card on your front door after not even trying to see if you're there.

Happened to me! I got home, no package, no notice. Went to do some cleaning, and checked back a little while later (they're usually there by 5pm, it was 5:30) and there is was - the UPS infonotice! Yea, I know my doorbell is broken, but still, I wish they would have knocked.....

I've missed DHL by 5 or 10 minutes on a couple occasions and managed to get through to the driver via phone and have them come back around that day. I bet it feels like Christmas unpacking all your stuff, best of luck brewing!

There is nothing like sitting at home and hearing UPS deliver your latest brew kit. I'll be racking my first attempt (Honey Cream Ale) to the secondary tonight and brewing my latest (Special Holiday Ale) tomorrow.

Ahh, I love this new hobby.

No, there is ONE thing better than that.....

DRINKING your very first batch of beer!

:mug:

No, there is ONE thing better than that.....

DRINKING your very first batch of beer!

:mug:

I have to agree with this.. While making the beer is a lot of fun, the waiting is painful :) I bottled up a oaked arrogant bastard clone this weekend that tasted pretty darn good already, but when it's ready, it'll be awesome. That's the best moment.

Back