Question on my finished product...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorson138

Reaction score
Hey all. I have my houblonmonstre triple IPA bottled on the 17th this month. They have been bottle conditioning since then in my closet at 70-72 degrees. I put a couple in the fridge the other day to let them get good and cold to try them out. The taste was great, I drank both of the ones I put in there.

They were very cloudy and did not have much carbonation or any head to them. They have only been bottle conditioning for a very short while at this point. Will further bottle conditioning help with cloudiness and head???

Thanks for any replies.

Mike

For carbonation - how long had it been since brewing that you bottled? If it's been more than say 3 or 4 months, your yeast may be mostly dormant or dead, especially with the high alcohol content of a triple IPA. If not, they probably just need more time in the bottle.

For cloudiness - in my experience the bottles will clear up soon, but after you put them in the fridge they will get and stay cloudy due to "chill haze". For me they never clear back up, but I think there are steps you can take to avoid that if you don't like it. Just search the forums for chill haze.

Back