Brewing Full Boil Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuhndog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've just took the dive into homebrewing and my 1st batch BB's English Brown Ale is now 13 days in the primary - getting ready to either put it in a 5 gal glass carboy for conditioning or bottle but here is my issue/question...

I'm looking at 20-30+ extract recipe kits and none of them have a full boil option. Why is that? Do people just jump from partial boil kits to making everything themselves? In other words, getting their own ingredients and doing full boils?

That requires software or a premade recipe that tells you when to do what. I like the step-by-step process in the kits but they are talking about 2 gallon or 2.5 gallon worts....I have the equipment to do a 5 gallon wort for extract brewing. I guess I'm at a loss of why kits don't have that option or companies make 5 gallon full boil extract kits. I think there would be enough people out there that would enjoy that.

Comments?

I think the kits are the same for doing partial or full boil. The only difference is that with partial you top it off with water at the end. I didn't do to many all extract kits before moving to partial mash and then all grain, but this is where I got my kits. I've always done full boil when I was using kits.

Ale Kit - Malt Extract | MoreBeer

Back