Belgian Honey Citrus Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradbrewer

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I came across a recipe that sounded interesting, so I wrote down the ingredients for my next trip to my local home brew store. It took me a couple weeks, but I finally bought the ingrediants, but then could not re-locate the recipe. I Googled the ingredients and found very similar recipes, with the exception of the yeast and wheat. I am pretty sure the recipe I originally found called for a Belgian Ale yeast, thus I bought WL Belgian Golden Ale Yeast, however, everything similar called for belgian wit yeast. The other ingredients were 5.5lbs extra light malt extract, 1.5 lb honey, 2oz corriander, 1oz orange peal, 2oz hallertau hops. OG was much higher than expected at 1.072, I believe the original recipe was supposed to have an OG under 1.06 and be somewhat of a light summery ale. Anyone ever try a brew with similar ingredients? If so how did it turn out? Mine is in the fermentor now.

After 3 weeks in primary, a week in secondary with a 1oz dry hop and a week carbonating in the keg, I am very pleased with the results.

Back