You Tell Me Which One to Brew and I Will!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkravitz13

Reaction score
A music booking collective here in Burlington, VT (just around the corner from the alchemist cannery -> heady topper) is hosting a big start of summer outdoor cookout/show and I want to brew lots of beer for it!

Hop schedules are identical. Stats are identical. Only difference is the malt bill!

OG=1.056
IBU=51
SRM =7

I'm looking to make a dry, easy drinking pale ale with big hop character, light to medium malt sweetness and a bit more bitterness than general pale ales (like SNPA).

This will be brewed this Wednesday afternoon 4/3/13.

Vote! I will post back with photos and tasting notes in 6 weeks time.

86% 2-row
10% Munich 10L
4% Crystal 40L

Citra @ 60
Amarillo @ 30
Cascade @ 10
Citra & Amarillo @ 0

92% 2-Row
5% Crystal 40L
3% Carapils

Citra @ 60
Amarillo @ 30
Cascade @ 10
Citra & Amarillo @ 0

I'd go with #2
#1 is on the malty side where's #2 will be a lot dryer tasting imo..
Mash at 148-149 for a dryer beer..
Good luck!
Igotsand

thanks for the response, any one else here care to chime in and vote?

I have an awesome pale ale. I just perfected the clone recipe of a brewery in Pullman wa. In over 600 gallons of brewing this is by far the best beer I have ever made. If you're interested I'll post a pic of the recipe.

It's more on the sweet side. Not malty but sweet. Very good

I have an awesome pale ale. I just perfected the clone recipe of a brewery in Pullman wa. In over 600 gallons of brewing this is by far the best beer I have ever made. If you're interested I'll post a pic of the recipe.

It's more on the sweet side. Not malty but sweet. Very good

alright lets see it!

I just picked everything up for another batch of this today. Can't wait to brew

Edit

That should be 1.5 lbs crystal 80

image-3594376628.jpg

Back