Who is brewing right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerPressure

Reaction score
I am sparging the old monster american barleywine from brewing classic styles right now. 25# of grain, About 6.5oz of hops. 1.116 anticipated OG.

anyone brewing right this instant?

Currently boiling my strawberry blonde. Seems to be going slow today. It was a full hour before I even mashed in, and now I'm about 3/4 through my boil and my volume is still really high...

EDIT: ah except that now I remember because this one spends like 2 months in a bucket. I start it a 6 gallons and it evaporates down to 5 in the fermenter.

Brewing up a bitter to use up some of the 14oz of Goldings we picked the other week.

As luck would have it I ran out of propane with 10 minutes left on the mash. A quick run to the gas station fixed that, but I'll be checking that ahead of time in the future.

Could that be right? 88% Brewhouse efficiency according to BrewSmith! I forgot to take a preboil gravity reading, though. My target OG from BrewSmith was 1.066 and the reading before pitching was 1.076.

Doughed in around 1:30 this afternoon; pitched yeast about 7:00. (All-Amarillo IPA, all-grain version.)

I pitched Burton Ale yeast into a Robust Porter a couple hours ago....

Very promising tasting beer, in spite of many mishaps during the brew, (had to reach into the kettle TWICE after the boil to fix the diptube :()

Latest posts

Back