What to Brew Next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfernoBrews

Reaction score
I want to Brew Tonight after work and have no idea what to make.. My list is just way to long of Up Next brews.... If you know what i mean... So i am Reaching out here for some help..

Some one help a BB (Brotha Brewer) out... LOL

I Like anything only thing i dont wanna make is a IPA cause i have 5 cases of it at the moment..

Thanks in Advance..

Now is when I usually start think about making a big winter brew, RIS or Baltic Porter.

I've been playing with a recipe for a Smoked and Oaked Baltic Porter that'll probably get done soon after the Fourth.

What ingredients do you have on hand? If you've made a bunch of IPA you could make a smoother, sissier American Ale your friends can actually handle. Or try an American Stout.

It does look like you have a lot of beer variety on hand at the moment. I vote for getting your winter beer ready. Do a RIS or Barley wine although it may be a little late for that now, can't believe it is June already.

Ingredients are no Problem.. I can get anything i need anytime i need them..

I do have a recipe for a Pumpkin ale i was thinking of doing For the Fall Coming up..

Anyone ever Done a pumpkin Ale Or beer in General?

Well I'm about to bottle my Holiday beer, so I suggest that those beers be made soon. On the other hand you could mix it up with a 70 schilling or a Dubbel.

There is always the hat and picking one out of it choice.
I have been trying to refill my pipeline, so my biggest problem is making certain I have the carboys, pales and kegs available for the cycles.

If you're planning on the pumpkin beer RichBrewers recipe is a pretty good bet. It's really similar to the one I did last year and it turned out freakin fantastic. Huge fan of toasting the pumpkin in a pan at 350*F for about 30 minutes, so the beer doesn't get a vegetable taste to it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f76/richards-pumpkin-ale-23489/

Another option is a pumpkin porter. I don't have beersmith with me right now so I'm not sure what my recipe is for that. Pretty easy though. Just brew up something like a simple baltic porter.

Amount Item Type % or IBU
11 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 70.97 %
1.5 lb Brown Malt (65.0 SRM) Grain 9.68 %
1.5 lb Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 9.68 %
0.5 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 3.23 %
0.5 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM) Grain 3.23 %
0.5 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 3.23 %

I'd keep the spices and pumpkin similar to RichBrewer's pumpkin ale. Whatever you decide to make it will be good, because it will be beer.

Back