Water chemistry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beaner1082

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good website or program that lets you put in your water profile and then tells you how to treat it based on the water profile you want?

I like Bru'n Water too. It was a little daunting at first, but once you take a little time to figure it out it really is pretty easy after that.

+1,000,000 for brewers friend. I have used them all and this is by far the best imo. There is an advanced calculator on there that's amazing.

+1,000,000 for brewers friend. I have used them all and this is by far the best imo. There is an advanced calculator on there that's amazing.

I use that site already just haven't played with it that much. Does it tell you exactly how to treat your tap water?

You feed it your water profile and then you pick your target profile. It will tell you how far off you are in each area then you play with the chemical adds to get it right. None of the programs i have seen just spit you out what chemicals to add and how much. You have to play with it but its really easy. The key is to input your grain bill in the program so you can get the pH right it makes a huge difference.

You feed it your water profile and then you pick your target profile. It will tell you how far off you are in each area then you play with the chemical adds to get it right. None of the programs i have seen just spit you out what chemicals to add and how much. You have to play with it but its really easy. The key is to input your grain bill in the program so you can get the pH right it makes a huge difference.

Cool. I just need to play with it more. That's no problem I'm usually on the site all the time anyway.

Back