The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Tell me about your brew rig

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
cooper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperX View Post
Less than $200 worth of shelving, including shipping:

Just need to add a pump to the HLT on the bottom and I won't have to do any more heavy lifting.
THIS is what I need, where did you order it from?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
JesperX
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 34 Posts

The shelving is just some heavy duty adjustable chrome wire shelving I ordered from www.theshelvingstore.com. 4 x 44" posts, 2 x 34" posts, 6 x 4 inch swivel casters, and 3 x 24" square shelves. Came to about $225 after shipping and it comes with more clips than you'll probably ever need. The shelving is rated to 800 lbs evenly distributed so it doesn't even bow under the weight of an almost full 10 gallon rubbermaid mash tun.

Mash tun is your standard home depot cooler with a 1/2" stainless ball valve conversion kit. For lautering I made a CPVC manifold and connected it with a 1/2" threaded CPVC fitting:

The kettles I picked up from Spike Brewing, they have a couple small dents here and there but nothing game breaking. They get the job done for a great price. Both kettles have two horizontal welded couplers. HLT has ball vave on one, T fitting with 6" probe thermometer and sight glass on the other. The BK has ball valve and just an elbow fitting with a sight glass. I picked up all the fittings, thermometer, and sight glass equipment from brew hardware. Once I get a pump, I'll use it to pump from the HLT on the bottom to the mash tun and I won't have to do any lifting other than to clean the mash tun when I'm done.

Burners are just your average banjo burner and I've got a separate propane tank for each, although you can limp by with just one if you really need to.

Primary: American Brown Ale
Kegged: American Pale Ale V2

On Deck: American Pale Ale V3
Brown Porter

Old 09-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Fat_Bastard
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

here's mine...direct fire rims

for 2500 bux I would go with blichmann but thats just me.

Quick Reply