Need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwizard0

Reaction score
I was just trying to start my herms pump and all worked well until I added grain, now I have no flow from my mlt....any good hints to get the siphon going?

What do you have in the bottom of your mlt? False bottom, manifold, ss braid? Can you disconnect the line going back into the mlt and blow into it?

Chrisl77 said:
What do you have in the bottom of your mlt? False bottom, manifold, ss braid? Can you disconnect the line going back into the mlt and blow into it?

I have a false bottom, I tried blowing into it and that didn't work, I ran water into it and filled all the lines and that didn't work. But wife just came out and told me to stop working on it and do something else and then all of a sudden it started flowing. I have to assume my wife has magical powers

Whats your siphon tube look like? I had the same problem it turned out my siphon tube that went to the center of my mlt was to close to the bottom and the weight of the grains on my false bottom was pushing it into the bottom. You might also have a little bit of grains getting past the false bottom at first that could be clogging around or in your siphon tube.

For now I have an igloo cooler with the standard false bottom setup. I think it is the problem

image-2306181473.jpg

I am still working on upgrading to my herms but I can't hold brewing off. I even tried sucking the mash out and nothing came out with that either. Thankfully I'm done mashing for the day!

Latest posts

Back