equipment check list for AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcolson

Reaction score
ok so i was wondering what all i needed for AG i currently have a turkey fryer with a 26Q pot tons of different sized plastic buckets and glass carboys, a wort immersion chiller 25ft, is all i need to do now is create Mash Tun?

you should be good. I just finished my MLT yesterday and my equipment list looks the same. You may need some other pots to heat sparge water and drain your runnings. You've got a hydrometer, right?

good luck - let me know how it works, and gonna try my 1st AG batch next weekend.

26qt isn't really enough for AG. You'll have a full boil, for 1 hour...that anywhere from 1 to 2 gallons of evaporation. 30qt is the bare minimum, and honestly I'd try to go for a 10gallon pot.

you can use your current pot for a hot liquid tank though, just get a weldless fitting for around $20 and it's in business. build a MLT and you're ready for the first batch.

sweet ill post and let ya know how it goes! also anyone know i link to covert a rectangle cooler to a mash tun?

Well im gonna get to making my mash tun when i have a day off! just gotta order the valve and go to lowes and get my CPVC ill post a pic when im done!

By valve, do you mean the one on the MLT? Super easy to make and it'll cost you significantly less than buying one from either your LHBS or online retailer.

Back