dominion big thaw bock clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDSanders

Reaction score
Anyone have a clone recipe for big thaw Bock by dominion brewery? I could not find one anywhere.

Don't have a recipe for you but you could probably come close on your own. A quick google search revealed that it is of the maibock style with all german noble hops. Some of the reviews said it was more hoppy than usual and even reminded them of a west coast IPA. Also they noted it was light in color and medium body. You could start there or even email the brewery and ask for the recipe. Some breweries have given me the percentages of all the grains they use and hop varieties. Worth a shot.

I second the hoppiness of this beer. We had this on tap where I work and I was always sure to give people a sample of it since it's not at all what you'd expect out of a maibock. I don't know that I'd go as far as calling it a west coast IPA though. That being said, it's a very good beer and I'd be interested in a clone recipe too.

Just an update. I had no luck with emailing the brewery. I am going to try and wing it. I will post the recipe and results when I have them.

I really enjoy this beer. How did your clone turn out? What recipe did you use?

Thx.

Back