Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > What is on the top of my beer in the bottles?!? with PICS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #21
bizarrojosh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 74

cool. I feel less worried now. If I'm reading this right I've basically got a potential lambic on my hands?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #22
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrojosh View Post
Ok, if it is an infection; which I too think it is, I just want other to tell me what they think, where should I go from here?

Do I need to replace my autosiphon, airlock, tubing, bottling bucket, bottling spigot, plug/bung (wth is that thing called that you put the airlock into for carboys?) or do I just need to star san them all really well several times?

Also, what about the bottles? Should I toss them or just clean them really well?
If this stuff wasn't there when you bottled, I'd be very surprised. 3 days is a very short time for an infection to take hold.

MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply