Is Stainless worth the extra cost?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el_duderino

Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting a back bar cooler into a kegerator and was curious if people thought it was worth the extra cabbage to use all ss parts on the liquid side of things? I have 2 perlick 525ss on the way, so should I just go ahead and bite the bullet?

Also, does a stainless probed coupler make much difference?

I'm curious to hear some thoughts on this, as I haven't been able to find much info.

Thanks!

For everything in constant contact with beer I would go stainless before plated metals like the perlick 425's.

My bad, I was under the impression that the difference between the two models is one was stainless and one was chrome plated...so what is the difference between the two models then?

I like stainless, though I have no scientific reasoning behind it.

I just know that stainless is easier to clean and (as long as you don't use bleach) it'll never corrode or have plating flake off.

Weather that's worth the $$ is up to you.

My keg serving setup was all about going low cost. I went with chrome plated. It all works just fine. But if you're in a big project, what's a few extra bucks?

Back