Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Seems my first keg was close to freezing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
GroovePuppy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Seems my first keg was close to freezing

Once again the "search" function saved me a bunch of effort. Tried pulling a glass after 6 days from my first keg. It had sat at 12psi with the keezer set to 40F. Came out in a moderate trickle, small foam head that was more like I was running nitro, and very undercarb'd. Swapped lines over, pulled the valves and dip tubes from the keg to inspect and nothing. Even cranking the CO2 wouldn't make it come out faster.

I didn't notice anything removing and refitting the "out" tube like I would have assumed if the beer was freezing up but I trusted the threads. Moved the keg away from the wall of the keezer and raised the temp to 45F and it pours fine now. Guess I need to throw a small fan in there to help things out.

So if my problem is fixed why am I posting you ask. Well I have a leak in my water main in the front yard, I have to dig a hole and it's cold outside, so I'm stalling. Don't judge me!

Yet Another Keezer Build

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You still might have a floating iceberg in there. I would take her out and let her thaw completely.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 01-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

I occasionally get ice plugs in my kegger lines. Bigger problem in the summer, since the compressor runs more.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply