Scored some bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solution7

Reaction score
I have a hef that needs bottling and I am low on glass. So I ran down to thebottle return area of my grocery store thinking I could get some discarded bottles the machines won't take. Well I ran into a lady with 11 cases of widmere hef bottles. After I told her I was home brewer and needed to bottle she tried to just give them to me... I gave her $5.. Now I've got 132 bottles to clean, sanitize and de-label!
Big time score in my book. I will never by bottles from the brew supply store for sure !!! Save that money for more ingredients

Hope she didn't have herpes! eww...

Just kidding though, I'm sure a thorough cleaning will kill whatever germs may be on these. Nice find!

solution7 said:
I have a hef that needs bottling and I am low on glass. So I ran down to thebottle return area of my grocery store thinking I could get some discarded bottles the machines won't take. Well I ran into a lady with 11 cases of widmere hef bottles. After I told her I was home brewer and needed to bottle she tried to just give them to me... I gave her $5.. Now I've got 132 bottles to clean, sanitize and de-label!
Big time score in my book. I will never by bottles from the brew supply store for sure !!! Save that money for more ingredients

Score!!! I'm going to try that one, too. Great idea!

Revvy said:
That would only be a problem if she were doing something they usually only do in those sleazy south of the border bars, you know alongside shooting ping pong balls and "riding" donkeys, if you catch my drift. ;)

There is more then one type... But yes, some ppl may have tho o_O

Back